The flowers are budding, trees are showing new growth, wind is softly blowing in the freshness that comes with spring. My house looks like it’s buried in a blizzard of paperwork, or a tornado has blown through the rooms. Spring has not sprung indoors.
I try to keep up with everything, but I spend more time feeling overwhelmed than I do actually cleaning. I started realizing this a few
weeks months ago. I wrote about it here, and here, remember? It’s time to admit one small – OK, it really feels quite LARGE – fact. I need help. Truth is, I probably needed help years ago, but pride and blind eyes kept me from realizing it.
You might need help if…
- Your pile of “I’ll get to it” never gets gotten too.
- As long as there is a path between rooms, you’re fine.
- Things constantly end up lost.
- Important papers disappear in a blizzard of non-important ones.
- The sun is shining but your house remains dark due to grimy windows or too many piles.
- You no longer remember what color your baseboards are.
- Dust bunnies are your little friends.
- You’ve just given up trying.
- Wandering aimlessly it’s hard to know where to even start.
- Panic attacks accompany house cleaning.
I’ve admitted I need help, What now?
Good question! I’ll answer that next week!